Best Paint for Metal Roof
Painting your metal roof can be expensive, time consuming, and hard to carry out. That’s why it’s important to get yourself the best paint for metal roof to make sure your project goes as smoothly as possible.
It’s important to remember that although a lot of the paints on this list may seem expensive, it’s a lot cheaper than installing shingles, or paying a contractor to repair or renew your roof. You will save a lot of money in the long run.
When painting your metal roof, make sure you’re wearing the best roofing shoes.
Best Paint for Metal Roof Comparison
1. Henry HE587372 Roof Coating, 5 Gal – Best Value for MoneyThe best value for money paint for your metal roof has to be Henry’s HE587372 Roof Coating. You can get 5 gallons of paint for just $0.24 per fluid ounce! This is the cheapest price per ounce on our list of the best paint for metal roofs.
The paint is easy to apply, and has an acrylic base. If you’re looking to paint all of your metal roof, the 5 gallons of paint will be more than enough for you. You might even have some left over to give a second coating.
Customers absolutely love this product, stating it makes your interior cooler than outside on hot days.
You don’t need to apply any primer to your roof before painting, which saves you even more money. The paint also comes with a 10 year warranty! This is why Henry’s Roof Coating paint is excellent value for money.
2. Stops Rust Gloss Brush On Paint Rust-Oleum 7775502 Stops Rust Brush On Paint, Quart, Gloss Leather Brown – Best Overall Choice
The best feature of this paint for metal roofing is that it stops rust.This makes your roof durable, and keeps it in top condition. The glossy finish will make your metal roof look brand new.
There’s a variety of colors to choose from, but the gloss leather brown is the best choice, as it adds class to your roof. Brown roofs are also low maintenance, which means once you apply this paint to your metal roof, you’ll no longer have to worry about it.
If you have any spare paint left over, it can be used for other surfaces, including concrete, wood, and masonry.
3. Hammerite 5084857 Direct to Rust Metal Paint – Smooth White Finish 250ML
The Hammerite paint is extremely popular and clearly one of the best paints for metal roofs. It has over 11,000 reviews on Amazon, averaging a rating of 4.6/5 stars.
The paint does come at a premium cost. But if you can afford the best paint, you’ll have the best metal roof on the street. You can only order 250ml cans if you live in the USA, so use one of the other products on this list of the best paint for metal roofs if you’re looking to repaint your whole roof.
4. Ames Maximum Stretch – 4.6 Gallon Waterproof Sealant Membrane – Perfect For Roofing
The paint is eco-friendly, and non-toxic. The satin finish will give your metal roof more durability, and a medium gloss look. It can be applied either using a brush or an airless sprayer.
Ames Maximum Stretch paint does not peel, chip, or flake, and even comes with a 12 year warranty. It does not include primer, but you can buy this in the same bundle.
5. Countryman Coatings 100% Silicone Roof Coating – Restore Your Roof in a Day
This paint reflects up to 90 percent of UV rays, which cools the temperature in your house. It also decreases the energy output in your home by almost 20%. When applying this paint to your metal roof, it’s important to note that one gallon covers roughly 55 square feet. This tub is 4.75 gallons, meaning it can cover over 250 square feet.
This is one of the most expensive paints on this list of the best paint for your metal roof. However, customers have rated it 4.7/5 in terms of value for money, showing it’s definitely worth the investment.
6. Rust-Oleum 301994 Roof Coating, 5 Gallon (Pack of 1), White, 128 Fl Oz
The paint becomes water resistant in 6 hours after the coat has been applied to your roof. The tub has 5 gallons of paint, which is resistant to cracking down to -10°F.
The matte white finish will leave your roof looking smart. One customer only needed two coats to turn their black roof into a white roof.
Amazon customers say this paint for metal roofs is extremely easy to use, rating is 4.5/5 in this category. If you’ve never had to paint your roof before, you shouldn’t run into any problems using this paint.
7. POR-15 Top Coat Paint, Direct to Metal Paint, Long-term Sheen and Color Retention
You only need to add one coat to your roof for years of durability. It also has a fantastic color retention.
There is no need to apply primer or an undercoat before using this paint, as it is designed to provide a strong barrier that will not peel or crack. It also only takes up to 60 minutes to dry.
This paint for metal roofs is available in 11 different colors, and has an impressive 4.6/5 review rating on Amazon.
8. Rust-Oleum 285217 Roof Accessory Spray Paint, 12 oz, Weathered Wood/Brown – cheapest option
One can will cover 12 square feet, and the paint will be dry approximately 20 minutes after it’s applied to your roof. There are 4 common roof colors available, including weathered brown, black, tan, and rustic slate.
The oil based paint will give your roof a matte finish. This spray paint is perfect if you’re just looking to renew a small section of your roof without splashing out a lot of money.
9. Heng’S GR1600-1 White Silicone Roof Coating
A gallon of this paint will cover 75-80 square feet of your roof, so make sure you buy enough to cover the whole area.
It’s rare to find roof coating that’s 100% silicone. If that’s what you’re looking for, this is your best option.
10. Diamond Brite Paint 46000 1-Gallon Aluminum PaintThis aluminum paint is designed specifically for metal surfaces. The paint comes with a step by step guide to show you how to properly prepare your metal roof and paint before applying it. This gives you the best chance of getting the most out of your Diamond Brite Paint. Customers agree with this, giving it a 5/5 star rating for ease of use!
The paint will dry in just 30 minutes, but make sure the first coating is completely dry before applying the second. One gallon of paint typically covers 400 square feet, but this aluminum paint covers up to 600 square feet.
This paint will give your metal roof a glossy finish, and is also Amazon’s choice.
So What’s the Best Paint for Metal Roofs?
The best paint for your metal roof depends on your needs. If your roof is in desperate need of repair from leaks, then you should consider Heng’S GR1600-1 White Silicone Roof Coating. For rust prevention, Rust-Oleum 7775502 is the best choice. Especially if the leather brown color would go nicely on your metal roof.
Add a Comment